Monday 11 June 2012

On the horizon

No updates for a little while because, put simply, I've been homeless for the last week and a half. That's not to say that I've been living on the street. A friend of mine, who I now owe more than a few favours has lent me his couch while I was searching for a new apartment. That mission has since been accomplished, but since I won't move in until early next week, my PC rig, or the Creation Engine (patent pending) as I like to call it, where all the comic magic happens, has been and will remain in cold storage until I get set up in my new pad.

But that's not to say that I have been shirking my duties as dancing monkey for you, my favourite gorgeous dude/dudette who stumbled into the clickernet's deepest basement while looking for something vastly more meaningful. QTMC duties will continue as soon and I'm set up, and will be followed by a whole new, non-videogame related project I'm working on.

Wait, come back! Don't go!

The web-comic will be called "One More Year", and it will follow two men and a woman, who come together for the ninth time in as many years to spend what may be their last day on earth together. The story takes place in the Shields McKloskey-verse, a curious yet seemingly normal world that at times appears to revolve around a man bizarrely called Shields McKloskey, who may or may not be suffering a curse. Of course, he may or may not also be entirely crazy.
Look for that in the near future. In the mean time, you can read this short story that will give you a little insight into the Shields McKloskey-verse ahead of time.

You know you want to.

2 comments:

  1. OH wow a web comic - I ARE EXCITE!

    In other news, congrats on the new home - looking forward to more stuff

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a huge load off my mind, I'll tell you that. Having to rely on friends to have somewhere to sleep at night, and not having a place of your own is a strange feeling. I got a 3 month notice, but figured 1 month would be more than enough to find a new place. Shows what I know. Can't wait to get settled in the new pad. It's like three times the size of my old one. :)

    I'm also super excited about getting started on this web-comic. I'm looking for someone to draw the cover, and after that all systems are go. Then we'll see if I manage to keep to a regular schedule, to keep people coming back. I've struggled with that in the past. :)

    ReplyDelete